Are you ready to ride? Is your bike ready to ride?
Now let’s have a safe and fun ride keeping the following in mind:
- Protect your noggin – helmets are required on The Recovery Ride.
- Obey all traffic laws, signs, and signals.
- Be aware of your surroundings whether the road conditions, traffic, or your fellow cyclists.
- Indicate your intentions with hand signals and verbal commands.
- Ride predictably. Make eye contact. Assume drivers don’t see you.
- Avoid distractions. Do not listen to music or talk on the phone while riding.
- Yield to pedestrians. Always.
- Dress appropriately for the weather conditions.
- Eat. Drink. Rest. Stretch. Laugh. Repeat.
One last tip: This is a ride. It’s not a race. Take your time.
Mingle with your fellow cyclists and the many volunteers at the rest stops. Enjoy every mile. Relish the experience of being in community with others who share your passion for cycling and a commitment to making a difference in the lives of others. Thank you for riding. Ride safe. Be safe. Have fun!