The Recovery Ride is an annual bike event organized to raise funds and promote awareness of local nonprofits in San Diego, including Stepping Stone of San Diego, HIV resource organizations, and other nonprofit organizations. The ride was founded in 2016. We are looking for a part-time event coordinator to help coordinate, promote and grow the ride in 2020 and beyond.
Do you love cycling, and want to be the community face for The Recovery Ride, helping San Diego get its heart in gear? As the new Event Coordinator for The Recovery Ride, you’ll be working with new and veteran riders and the committee to organize and promote the ride and connect with its beneficiaries.
The Event Coordinator at The Recovery Ride is a paid, part-time position based in San Diego. The Event Coordinator will have a diverse range of responsibilities, including taking the lead with certain logistics and organizational activities related to planning the event and serving as the point of contact for riders during their registration and fundraising process. The candidate will also serve as an ambassador to The Recovery Ride to other cycling groups, clubs and rides throughout San Diego county.
The Event Coordinator is responsible for working independently and with other marketing resources to create and distribute communications to the community and riders about the event during the months leading up to the ride, including emails, facebook and instagram posts, flyers and other media.
Office hours will be in Banker’s Hill during the week, with a number of hours dedicated to outreach outside the office on training rides and community events each month.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong interest in cycling and the cycling community
- Ability to connect with diverse organizations including other nonprofits, government agencies, sponsors, schools, businesses, etc.
- Competency with Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Calendar, Forms, etc.)
- Active and proficient on social media strongly preferred
- Agility and flexibility are required in this dynamic and energetic environment
- Basic bicycle mechanic skills preferred
- Weekend and special event availability required
Please reply with your resume and a brief note about your interest and experience in cycling and fundraising for a cause, and why you’d be a rad candidate for this job!
Hours per week: 16-20
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org