get your heart in gear
The Recovery Ride aims to connect our love of cycling with our commitment to recovery of any kind. Whether a casual or recreational cyclist, or training for something more serious, our three route lengths (12/25/40 mile) will satisfy one and all.
Join us January 21, 2018, starting at Swiss Park in the South Bay for a ride to remember. Register early, bring friends, bring wheels.
Saturday, January 20, 2018 ("Day Zero")
- Packet Pickup and Snacks at Stepping Stone (3767 Central Avenue, San Diego) from 10:00 am - 1:00 pm - this is optional; you can pick up your packet the day of the event if you'd like
- Drop by and see this year's beneficiary organization in action, and get your materials
Sunday, January 21, 2018 ("Day of Event")
- Start and Finish lines and festival are at Swiss Park in the South Bay (2001 Main Street, Chula Vista - exit Main Street Chula Vista, and it's directly off the exit); Our friends Tony and Larry have generously offered the use of the facility, and we are so grateful!
- Registration opens at 7:00
- Warmup at 8:15
- First riders (40-mile route) leave at 8:30, followed by riders in the other groups
- Routes will be posted on the website
12 MI Route
For the more casual riders among us ... a fun ride along mostly protected bike paths with volunteers along the way; lots to see and celebrate.
25 mi ROUTE
A little further, this route also starts at Swiss Village and winds further up the Strand along bike paths with a quick stop at the beach for selfies. YOU CAN DO IT - NO RIDER LEFT BEHIND!
40 MI ROUTE
Not for the faint at heart ... but definitely for those training for other rides, or wanting a challenge, this route - with inland and coastal sprints - will definitely "get your heart in gear!"