get your heart in gear
The Recovery Ride aims to connect our love of cycling with our commitment to recovery of any kind. Whether a casual or recreational cyclist, or training for something more serious, our three route lengths (12/25/40 mile) will satisfy one and all.
Register today and join us January 29, 2017, starting at Swiss Park in the South Bay for a ride to remember. Register early, bring friends, bring wheels.
Saturday, January 28, 2017 ("Day Zero")
- Packet Pickup and Snacks at Stepping Stone (3767 Central Avenue, San Diego) from 10:00 am - 1:00 pm - this is optional; you can pick up your packet the day of the event if you'd like
- Drop by and see this year's beneficiary organization in action, and get your materials
Sunday, January 29, 2017 ("Day of Event")
- Start and Finish lines and festival are at Swiss Park in the South Bay (2001 Main Street, Chula Vista - exit Main Street Chula Vista, and it's directly off the exit); Our friends Tony and Larry have generously offered the use of the facility, and we are so grateful!
- Registration opens at 7:00
- Warmup at 8:15
- First riders (40-mile route) leave at 8:30, followed by riders in the other groups
- Routes will be posted on the website
- If you need your bike checked out prior to the Ride, Performance will do it for free (just show your email registration at any of the Performance locations in San Diego)
12 MI Route
For the more casual riders among us ... a fun ride along mostly protected bike paths with volunteers along the way; lots to see and celebrate.
25 mi ROUTE
A little further, this route also starts at Swiss Village and winds further up the Strand along bike paths with a quick stop at the beach for selfies. YOU CAN DO IT - NO RIDER LEFT BEHIND!
40 MI ROUTE
Not for the faint at heart ... but definitely for those training for other rides, or wanting a challenge, this route - with inland and coastal sprints - will definitely "get your heart in gear!"