The Recovery Ride is committed to creating and growing a fundraising cycling event that provides grant and fundraising opportunities for San Diego-based nonprofits. We are opening up The Recovery Ride in 2019 to non-profit partner organizations in the fields of HIV/AIDS and/or recovery from alcohol and drugs.
As a Partner Team, you are eligible to receive a fundraising reimbursement of 100% of all funds raised by eligible team members, payable to your organization, plus additional grants at the discretion of the organizers.
To qualify, you must be a San Diego based 501(c)3 organization serving the San Diego area and providing direct services in the fields of (a) recovery from alcohol / drugs and/or (b) HIV/AIDS treatment, education, or research and have submitted a copy of your 501(c)3 designation letter or that of an eligible fiscal sponsor.
Getting involved is easy, but there are a few steps to take, and a few requirements:
- Complete the form below and tell us about your organization. We will respond within one week whether you meet the requirements for participation; if you do, you're in and we'll list you in our marketing materials.
- After you're notified that you're accepted, you have 30 days to create and register your team. You must create a team of four (4) or more participants under the name of your organization - you can have any combination of cyclists and virtual riders.
- At least four (4) members of your team must raise at least $400 each for your organization by the date of the event. There is no maxiumum number of team members ... or amount your team can raise!
If you meet all three requirements above, you will receive 100% of the money you raise (i.e., at least $1,600, and no maximum) within 45 days of the event. The Recovery Ride may also, at its discretion, provide an additional grant to partner team(s) based on the proceeds of the event.
Partner Team Certification
Please review and agree to the following rules for The Recovery RIde Partner Team Program:
- You are an eligible 501(c)3 service organization registered as described.
- Only the funds raised by your The Recovery Ride Partner Team registered team members (and their verified, eligible matching funds from employers) will be counted toward your final The Recovery Ride individual and team totals.
- The final date for submission of funds that are eligible to be counted toward your team is January 20, 2019 at 10:00am. Funds turned in after this date will not count towards eligible final team totals.
- The total amount of all uncollectible checks and charges returned to The Recovery Ride before 10:00am on January 21, 2019 that can be attributed to a rider registered as part of your team will be deducted from the organization’s total.
- You ought not solicit or approach existing teams, corporate teams, employee groups, or previously established The Recovery Ride teams, such as, but not limited to, The Glittery Unicorns, Team Stepping Stone, Team HIV Funding Collaborative, etc., to be on your team or redirect their team’s funds to your team (that's just bad karma).
- You understand that the 2019 The Recovery Ride will be held on Sunday, January 20, 2019
- You understand that failure to meet all of the eligibility and fundraising requirements above will result in a forfeiture of funds, including the return of all funds granted.
to begin your application for the partner grant program, Please complete the form below.
Contact Jae Edwards at firstname.lastname@example.org.