Riders participating in The Recovery Ride will travel through multiple communities and as many as 5 cities during the event. Your behavior while riding will affect not only your safety, but the safety of those around you, and the perceptions of the communities we ride through. Here are a few guidelines to keep everyone safe on the road:
• Keep at least one hand on the handlebars at all times.
• Ride single file and leave at least one bike length between you and the rider in front of you.
• Communicate your intentions. Use hand signals to indicate right turn, left turn, stopping.
• Look behind you before passing to make sure it is clear.
• Pass only when it is safe to do so.
• Pass only on the left.
• Before passing, call out loudly, “On your left!”
• Alert others to potential hazards by pointing and/or calling out in a loud, outside voice.
We want each and every one of you to have a fun ride and make it safely back to Swiss Park to enjoy all that we have planned at the post-ride festival. Thank you for riding and making a difference in your community!
- Suzi Reagan-Harlow