Are you ready to ride? Is your bike ready to ride?
We’ve covered ride safety and preparation from multiple angles in this series. With the ride just ten days away, this is a good time to make sure your trusty companion is ready for all the fun miles ahead. Performance Bicycle is offering a free 25-point inspect and adjust at the Kearny Mesa and Point Loma locations. Just wheel on in and mention you are registered for The Recovery Ride.
Now let’s have a safe and fun ride keeping the following in mind:
• Protect your noggin - helmets are required on The Recovery Ride.
• Obey all traffic laws, signs, and signals.
• Be aware of your surroundings whether the road conditions, traffic, or your fellow cyclists.
• Indicate your intentions with hand signals and verbal commands.
• Ride predictably. Make eye contact. Assume drivers don’t see you.
• Avoid distractions. Do not listen to music or talk on the phone while riding.
• Yield to pedestrians. Always.
• Dress appropriately for the weather conditions.
• Eat. Drink. Rest. Stretch. Laugh. Repeat.
One last tip: This is a ride. It’s not a race. Take your time. Mingle with your fellow cyclists and the many volunteers at the rest stops. Enjoy every mile. Relish the experience of being in community with others who share your passion for cycling and a commitment to making a difference in the lives of others. Thank you for riding. Ride safe. Be safe. Have fun!